Click here to see if your question is already answered FAQ's
About Orange Wine Tours
Orange Wine Tours aim to be the most inclusive tour operator in Orange, with our wide range of tours.
Our tours are about providing you with a most memorable expereince taking home some exceptional wines and lots of pictures of your day out in Orange. Our tours are about you and and your choices including wine varieties. We beleive we have something for everyone.
- experience the fabulous cold climate wine region of Orange, NSW and surrounds.
- learn from local best viticulturists about their wines gaining knowledge of our region-specific flavours.
- exclusive contact with wine makers and find out first hand about our cool climate wines.
- travel in comfort with our modern fleet of vechicles with groups from 2 to 12
- our exclusive tours of this unique terroir - highlight a wine-growing environment not found anywhere else in main land Australia.
- Our tours range in scale from first-time wine tasters to a more experienced palette
- Tours can also be tailored to suit specific needs from small to larger groups
- Our tours highlight regional produce bringing food and wine together at cellar doors, local cafes and restaurants
- If you have other interests we can tailor a trip so that you get the best of both worlds, or we can combine aspects of any of our tours.
- Come join our team on a tour and see why once you’ve been to Orange you’ll want to come back again!!
About the Orange Wine Region
The wine industry in Orange, NSW has really come into its own in the last number of years and is starting to make a significant mark on the Australian wine industry. Although the wine production in the area goes back about thirty years, it has only been within the last 10 years that it has started to make a name for itself growing some of the country’s, if not the world’s best, cool climate wines
The Orange terroir is unique in that its grapes are grown in a region of 600m + above sea level. It is in fact the only terrior in Australia to be defined by its altitude. The climate produced from this altitude gives Orange wines their distinct flavours and colour; grapes can be left on their vines longer and can mature more slowly than in warmer climates allowing for a better balance of flavours.
Orange Wine Tour Team
My favourite indulgences are wine, food and travelling.”
Les and his tour guides will take you on an entertaining and informative tour of the Orange region and show you why we think it’s one of the most interesting places in Australia.
He has travelled around Australia visiting many different wine regions on a journey looking for a place where he could become part of and contribute to a local community, has finally brought him back to Orange, NSW, having visited here on numerous occasions. Les has always had a passion to operate boutique wine tours which has been an ultimate goal.
Outside of wine tours we all enjoy dining out at local restaurants and visiting places of interest around Orange and other local regions. This has given us a better knowledge of and relationship with many of the local vineyards. If you are visiting Orange for the first time, Orange Wine Tours will offer you some great dinner recommendations, Orange has a surprising number of fantastic dining locations both in the CBD and in the vineyards.
Orange Wine Tours team operates the three Orange Wine Tour buses plus we have two smaller vechicles for private tours. The team is made up of local tour guides who have an extensive knowledge of Orange and surrounding regions including the cool climate Orange wine region.